It’s time for another read-a-thon! I will be reading casually throughout the day, taking breaks as needed. I am also cheering this year, captain for #TeamWordsworth!
Below are the books I will be concentrating on today. I will change the list as needed.
Pages Finished: 59
Kindle % Done: 29%
Books Finished: 0
Time Spent Reading: 140 minutes
Time Spent Cheering (#TeamWordsworth): 130 minutes
06:00 I am up early, so I’m doing the opening meme. Will update this again once I’ve started reading!
07:33 Alright, I am up and about to start reading. I am thinking I will start with Cinder, seeing as how I keep hearing how quick/addicting it is to read!
11:17 Hah. I read for about 30 minutes and fell asleep. I’ve showered and now I’m going to read while we grab some lunch and run some errands.
15:15 SO. I am back and probably for good. I had a ton of errands to do today (haircuts, some random groceries, etc) and it’s been a long day away from home.
15:35 I am currently spending some time cheering and then I think I might switch to Panic. Will update when I start reading again.
15:49 Back to reading! I am going to try Panic for a while.
16:54 I am on page 39 of Panic. Taking a quick break.
17:30 Back to reading!
18:04 I took a break to eat dinner.
19:04 I’ve been reading Cinder. Taking another break.
19:21 I did some more cheering, so now I think it’s time to take a real break.
20:07 I got hooked on Cinder.
20:42 I finished cheering my team. I may cheer randomly later on, but I’m getting tired, so I’m betting my read-a-thon is almost over. Going to reply to comments here and then read some more.
21:25 Alright, I’m going to read more of Cinder. I’m hoping to hit the halfway point before bed. This pregnant lady will not be able to stay up all night.
21:46 I am going to read Cinder in bed. Good night everyone! I will update tomorrow when I wake up.
13:04 (Sunday) I didn’t read anymore… I was too tired!
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? Nashville, Tennessee! Where everyone else is doing the Country Music Marathon.
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? Hmm I think perhaps the Patrick Ness Chaos Walking Trilogy. I sort of abandoned it.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? I have chips and dip and cheesecake, yum!
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I’m in my late 20s, currently a SAHW as I study for my nursing boards, and I’m pregnant with our first child. Quite a difference from previous years!
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? Hmm I guess stop reading if I get bored? I’ve got some shorter novels (Ozian) I can read if I need to. The longer books never do much for me.
1. What are you reading right now? Panic
2. How many books have you read so far? ha none
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? Panic and Cinder
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day? I ended up being busier than I had planned.
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? Yes. I am picking back up and moving on now.
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? How little reading I’m doing this time and more cheering!
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Not sure yet!
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year? If I’m going to cheerlead again, I’d definitely plan better to be around more.
9. Are you getting tired yet? Yes, but that’s par for the course these days.
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered? I am alternating. It’s working fine for me. I’m also not checking in every hour… check in when you can!
End of Event Meme
Which hour was most daunting for you? Well I went to bed by hour 15.
Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? Short, like graphic novels are awesome.
Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Not at the moment.
What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? The new cheerleading methods were a lot better.
How many books did you read? I read 2, but didn’t finish any.
What were the names of the books you read? Cinder and Panic
Which book did you enjoy most? Cinder
Which did you enjoy least? Panic
If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? Spread cheering throughout the day.
How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? I hope to participate next time, depends on if I have a newborn or not!